Not So Blue.....

 NOT SO BLUE 




I know you not

I know not your face.

But I know your thoughts,

With anxiety, ablaze. 

I haven't met your eyes

Yet I see the crab creep

Through the mist and shadows

Of your panic stricken sleep!! 

It sweeps across you and me

As an unexpected typhoon.

An urgent omental biopsy

On a Saturday afternoon. 

Your symptoms and tests say,

It's less likely to be benign.

O'er the weekend I ponder

How close is your age to mine! 

It's Monday, I've to see the tumor

And aptly classify.

I pick the slide from the tray

Even before the DPX* could dry. 

Wow, it's a sea of pink

Hardly do I see any blue!!!

These are granulomas

With a deep sigh, I construe! 

I know you not

I know not your face.

But I've got you a news

That you'll happily embrace. 

Through the barrels of light

I catch a loving glance

Of your sweet smile unfurl

So much like Langhans**.

 

For readers who are not Pathologists:

*DPX- commonly used mounting medium, which fixes the slide to the coverslip, makes tissue refract refract light well.

 

**Langhans giant cells, named after German Pathologist Theodore Langhans, are commonly seen in Tuberculosis (though not specific). These cells have their nuclei arranged along the periphery of the cell.



       ----Dr Gowripriya Consultant Pathologist Dr RELA  Institute and Medical Center


Comments

  1. Hello Blog admin I want to share some useful articles here for anyone looking for financial help to get through.
    I want to talk about a God Fearing loan lender who lend me $400,000.00 to finance my business when I couldn't get help from my community bank here in Ohio, Mr Pedro was very nice to work with in every aspect of financial assistance so I will advise anyone here looking for a loan to contact Mr Pedro on Email / WhatsApp text.
    Pedro Email: pedroloanss@gmail.com
    Mr Pedro WhatsApp text: +1 863 231 0632

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AN INSIGHT INTO PATHOLOGIST.

PATHOLOGISTS AS THE SHERLOCK HOLMES IN MEDICINE